Almost all our work involves on-site surveying, but what we look for, the extent to which we examine a building, and any testing we carry out on it depends on the purpose of the instruction. 

Different services may also involve more time considering background information -  such as examining evidence in legal proceedings, reviewing other expert's reports, researching a property's history or its valuation comparables.

As such, we offer a number of different survey types to suit a client's requirements. You can see different survey types below, or browse categories of instruction under Services.

If you are, represent, or act for:

  • a prospective property purchaser, you may need a Building Survey, HomeSurvey and/or Valuation
  • a party in property-related litigation such as a housing disrepair case, a negligent valuation or residential construction dispute, you may require our Expert Witness service
  • a private property owner or landlord who has concerns about current disrepair you may need a Damp Investigation. For other specific areas of concern, please contact us and we can assist
  • a landlord who wishes to review its housing stock or a property near the end of its lease, please see Stock Condition Survey or Dilapidations
  • a tenant who is concerned about disrepair at a rented property, we advise you contact your landlord in the first instance. If you are eligible for legal aid, there are charities and law firms which offer legal assistance, who may then instruct us to provide an expert opinion
  • an owner or adjoining owner, you may need our Boundary Dispute or Party Wall service.

If you don't see your circumstance described above, please contact us so that we can assist.